UBC’s flexible learning offerings are rapidly expanding. Start with these links to discover current options:
- Across campus, instructors are exploring alternatives to the traditional lecture format. To find courses with a focus on active learning, check out the syllabi or in the Faculty of Science, check out the Carl Wieman Science Education Initiative website. You can also look at courses where we have recently invested in changing delivery models.
- UBC supports career and personal education courses and programs across a range of disciplines.
- UBC faculties offer distance education courses and programs which provide options for credit-based, online courses. Search for distance education courses by term in the Course Schedule section of the Student Services Centre.
- UBC MOOCs, or massive open online courses, are online courses offered at no or low cost. Students can interact via online forums or meet-ups.
- A variety of community, international, co-op, and internship programs are available to UBC students.
- Students at the UBC Vancouver campus can take courses at UBC Okanagan through the cross-campus registration program.
The Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology and the Learning Commons provide resources and support for students taking online or distance education courses.