UBC’s Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund (TLEF) helps instructors apply and evaluate new teaching methods and technologies that can enhance student engagement and success.
Since 2013, UBC has funded more than 70 flexible learning projects that have helped transform 150 courses and impacted more than a third of the student population.
View TLEF projects funded after 2014/2015.
2014/2015 Funded projects
2013/2014 Funded projects
- Your Chinese learning, your way
- Gender, race, sexuality and social justice in literature
- Linguistics 100, 200 and 311 – Development of a flipped learning model
- POLI369T – Living with nuclear weapons. Arms control and verification technologies
- Blended Psychology 304 – Brain and Behaviour
- Online resources for ECON101 and ECON102
- Asia 222 and Asia 223 – video dialogues and interviews
- Blended environment and sustainability program
- Flipped transformation of Biology 112: Biology of the Cell and Biology 121: Genetics, Evolution and Ecology
- Digital learning objects for CHEM121 and CHEM123
- Earth and Ocean Science: Developing blended and distance education models
- Flipped classroom components for Math 104 and Math 184
- Using student-produced learning content for Physics 100 and Physics 101